Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yippee! I'm Goin' to -- Disneyland?

Well here we are back in our old site in the RV park, and I immediately recognized the bushes and wanted out. So my she-person tied a long line to my leash, which was fastened to my harness--which we all know can't hold me for long. But I was content to sniff and chew on tasty blades of grass under the bushes next to the patio. After all, I've explored this area totally before when I was running loose and homeless, so there was no need to get particularly excited about it all.

Anyway, all of a sudden I guess I pulled a certain way, and there was my harness lying on the ground! I just sat there staring at it, dumbfounded. I didn't know if I was going to get in trouble or not. But suddenly my she-person spotted it lying on the ground and asked me if I wanted to go in. You bet I did! Well, not exactly go in, but at least get back to the safety of my doorsteps. I left skid marks as I made a beeline for the door. It's one thing to want to run free, and it's another to suddenly and unexpectedly find yourself free. Scary!

Tomorrow we're leaving for a few days and driving to California. Maybe the folks will take me to see Disneyland and I can meet Mickey and Minnie. I'll bet they would make fine dinner - er- companions. Yippee! Then I get to have my body stroked by all my human "aunties" and "uncles." Double yippee! I can hardly wait.

My cat carrier is already sitting on the floor inside and I've been checking it out, including going inside it and sniffing around. We'll just have to see how I react to being put in it and the door fastened, then riding in the backseat of the car for 350 or so miles. I'll bet I can make my people sorry they didn't leave me at home. . . g-r-r-r-r-r!

I'll write more about my California adventures when I return home. . .

No comments: