Tuesday, April 12, 2011

COMPANY CAME, SAW, AND PLAYED WITH ME














Doc is only 2 months old, but he's already a handful for his handler. He'll be living inside the gift shop until he's about four months old, then he'll move outdoors.












The nieces, Val and Maddi pose with a carved bear dressed for St. Patrick's Day at Bearizona.







I've been so lazy since all our company left that I haven't posted lately. Let me tell yo
u, I had a blast entertaining everyone. First, Julie from North Dakota visited me, and I remembered that she was the one who talked my people into taking me in when I was freezing in the RV park because my former owners had abandoned me. I snuggled up close to her in bed thinking she might take me to see Dixie, the big old doggie I fell in love with in the park, and Roger.

Then my people's nieces came to visit, and I fell in love with them. Maddi, the 9-year old played with me constantly. We played with feathers and balls and squeaky toys. I did flips, rolls, and climbed atop my kitty condo so I could commune with her eyeball to eyeball. I'm in love (sigh).

The folks were gone lots, and I heard about the 2-month old bear cub that they visited at Bearizona named Doc. Supposedly, he looked a lot like me except for his long snout. Just about my size, too. I would have loved to see him and his little playmate. He made funny noises and fussed about being taken out of his incubator, then climbed all over his playmate and fussed when he was put back. A picture of him is above. What I wouldn't have given to have a romp with him, but I hear he had long claws. I wouldn't have wanted to make him mad!

The folks also went to the Grand Canyon, but it wasn't ideal weather and was packed with people because of spring break. I wouldn't have cared for the cool air up there, or the crowds.

Of course while company was here, everyone went out to eat -- lots. That was no fun for me since they came home reeking of good food, but I did love all the attention when they got home.

My auntie and uncle from California also came to visit--the ones with the big house. Of course, I loved seeing them but they didn't stay long enough, then my people's friends from Washington came down. Luckily, they came when the weather turned cold and damp so they would feel right at home. They don't care for warm sunshine like we usually have.

I have a feeling this joint won't be quite so lively after hot weather blows in. People always think it's really hot here in the summertime, but it's not bad. Only for a month, maybe, until the monsoons blow through in the afternoons and cool it down. I'm happy to stay put for now and enjoy the weather but the folks are threatening to take me to Arkansas sometime this summer. Now it really does get hot and sticky there. At least, we never have sticky here.

Till next time, purr-r-r-r.

No comments: